Shelving has become an essential accessory in any building, whether in an industrial setting (for example a warehouse), retail setting (for example a shop) or in the household (for example the kitchen or bathroom). Shelving units are a great way to create extra space, by using a wall to create a storage solution.
Advantages of Shelving Systems
There are many advantages to installing shelves. Some of these are briefly discussed below.
- Space creation: The main advantage of shelving is the fact that they create extra space in a room and, if used effectively, they enable you to reduce clutter and be more organised.
- Affordable: When compared to the costs involved in purchasing a cupboard or cabinet, shelving is an inexpensive way of creating space. There is also the option of buying second-hand shelving at a very reasonable price.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Shelving has a very nice, neat look to it, and with the shelving options available today, can also look very modern and contemporary.
- Available in a variety of materials: Amongst other options, there is the option of wood, metal, glass, chrome or steel. This means you can install shelving that matches the décor and look of the room you are installing the shelving in.
- Added convenience: Depending on the type of shelving, some shelves are adjustable and easily moveable, which offers the opportunity to take away or add a shelve, or easily rearrange the room furniture and shelving, if need be.
Types of Shelving
There are many different types of shelving options available. Broadly, the three main types are briefly discussed below.
- Industrial shelving and racking, or warehouse shelving, is used in industrial settings such as warehouses. It is typically used to store a large number of products in an organised and accessible manner. Generally, steel shelving or racking is used as the shelving is not for aesthetic purposes but rather for practical purposes.
- Household or office shelving is used for aesthetic and practical purposes. It is used to create extra space in an attractive way that matches the décor of the room. People working in offices, particularly those with jobs such as administration, find office shelving very efficient as shelves allow for quick access to material and accessories, and at the same time create the ability to organize these items neatly.
- Shop shelving is used mainly for practical purposes, but must also be aesthetically pleasing. Shelving in a shop or store is essential as it allows the customer to easily see the products available for purchase, and allows the staff to see when the stock of a particular product is getting low and needs replacing. It also allows for an organised layout, as similar and like products can be grouped together, which makes the shopping experience easier for customers.
Your Shelving Solution
Shelving Galore is a quality, specialist company that buys and sells second-hand shelving. We have a passion for what we do, as well as extensive experience. At shelving galore we can advise you on the best option for your needs and we can also offer you high quality, second-hand shelving, at a very good price. Contact us now for information on the wide range of shelves we can offer you, or if you would like to sell us shelving that you currently own.