Learn About Industrial Shelving
Industrial shelving is a shelving solution that is mostly used in warehouses. It is ideal for heavy or large products or equipment that needs to be stored in an organised manner until needed.
If you are limited by a budget, it is a wise idea to purchase secondhand industrial shelving. As long as you buy from a quality secondhand shelving and racking company that offer secondhand industrial shelving for sale, you will receive quality second hand industrial shelving that is in a good condition and has been refurbished.
Types of Industrial Shelving
There are various types of industrial shelving available, each with a different design. The type you choose will depend on your needs, and the size and weight of the items you need to store. The following points briefly describe some of the types that are available, in order to help you gain more knowledge and make an informed decision that you won’t regret at a later stage.
- Wire industrial shelving is one of the cheapest forms of industrial shelving, but is only appropriate to store large items, as small items will fall through the spaces between the wires. They are easy to clean, and the dust build-up is minimal. In addition to this, they can be easily expanded should you require more shelving at a later stage.
- A mobile industrial shelving unit is perfect if you need to utilise a small area as much as possible. They are practical, because items themselves don’t need to be moved to different shelves, the entire industrial shelving unit can be moved at once.
- If your items are very heavy, you should consider a double rivet industrial shelving system, which are available with closed or open metal clips. They are easy to assemble and dissemble, and are therefore very practical if you need to remove or add shelving on a regular basis, according to the amount of stock and space you have available.
- Circular industrial shelving is ideal if you have an unusually shaped room. These types of industrial shelving systems are mostly used in a warehouse, spare parts department, hardware store, and maintenance room.
- Steel industrial shelving is incredibly popular, due to the fact that steel is very durable and strong. They are also very easy to clean, as well as sterilise, making them ideal for the food industry. In addition to the above, special coatings can be applied that prevent scratch marks. In the case that you have industrial shelving of great height, it must must be mounted to a wall or given extra support.
Buying Industrial Shelving
Shelving Galore can supply you with quality, refurbished secondhand industrial shelving and racking at a great price. We are professionals in the shelving and racking industry, and have a good reputation.
Should you be interested in selling your used industrial shelving to us, or if you require additional information on buying racking or shelving, please contact us.
Shelving Galore are dedicated to helping you find the perfect industrial shelving system, according to your needs, that will improve the organisation in your business and thereby your productivity.